Total Pageviews

Friday, November 26, 2010

Guttin the Inards...

Finally...a productive day out on the Cruiser.  Today I started gutting the insides...or what little insides there are.  My main goal was the get the front seats out.  That task ended up being quite easy.  I started working on the drivers seat first...its not original to the car so wasn't sure what I was getting into.  Two bolts...thats it!  And they came out with no problem.  Next was the framing and tool box lid.  They also came out very easily...I was a bit worried about the frame since it was bolted into the floor...but no problems there.  One thing I will have to research is the tool box.  From what I can tell its welded into the floor...so I don't think its coming out.  I guess its time to get a drimel tool set to work on it...lots of little corners and tight spots.  Next up...the passenger bench...again...no problems taking it out.  Since removing the seats did not take too long I decided to keep going.  The gas tank is located under the passenger bench and was relatively easy to take out as well.  There were two straps holding it in...and three lines...the filler line...the evaporator line and the fuel line.  All ended up coming out easily and I managed to not make a mess.  Luckily I managed to pretty much empty the tank before starting work so there was just a little bit left.  After that I worked on removing the wing vents and CB antenna.  From there I started work on the rear roll cage.  Not so easy work here.  I managed to get about 4 bolts out in 2 hours...two of them broke.  Lets just say they are rusted in place pretty good.  For now I have them soaking in penetrating fluid so hopefully they'll loosen up for next time I work on it. 

Next I think I'll work on the dash and getting the wiring unhooked.  From the looks of it...most of it has been done for me...so many loose wires not connected to anything.  I'm not too worried about salvaging the wiring though...I plan on getting a new harness to take care of it.  Still it should be a slow task to figure out how everything goes together...and comes apart.  I also plan on getting the roll cage off and the fenders.  So many frozen rusted bolts...






No comments:

Post a Comment