Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

First week of work on the Cruiser...

So...one week down...and I think it looks like progress.  Both doors are pretty much stripped of paint...do have a few stubborn screws soaking in penetrating fluid...hopefully that does the trick and I'll be able to get them out tomorrow.  I also started work on the quarter panels...the outsides are pretty much stripped of paint but still need sanding.  There is also evidence of previous body work...luckily nothing too major and should be easy to clean up and refill.  I'm just hoping the spare tire carrier I bought for it holds works out ok...there is definite work where it used to be...so we'll see how that goes.  The main concern as far as rust goes looks like where I figured it would be...the rockers, rear sill and tub.  I have a feeling they will all have to be replaced...the bed has holes all the way to through...and the rockers are beyond repair.  The good news is the seal looks good.  I also started taking all the odds and ends off the body...marker lights, insignia, etc so I can start stripping the rest of the body as well.  I think the hardest part will be taking out the frozen bolts...so far I've managed to break 4 today!  Oh well...just have to tap them out.  Plan for tomorrow...take care of the front end...hopefully get the body off the front and start stripping the paint.








No comments:

Post a Comment