Total Pageviews

Monday, April 28, 2014

Wiring...yeah that fun stuff

The last big hurdle to getting the cruiser on the road has been the wiring.  The rear harness and front end harness were shot.  I was thinking I'd have to make my own, but I was able to get a custom front and rear harness made by Mark Baker...aka Coolerman.  He is known for his custom harnesses and made them for a great price.  They run to where they are supposed to real easily and just plug right in.  The main issue was the main wiring harness.  For the most part it was in great shape.  The worst parts were the sections running to the engine bay.  They were pretty hacked up with the GM motor swap by the previous owner.  I was able to trace back all the wiring and remake all the new ends and new wiring.  Everything under the dash was good and ran where it was supposed to.  I also sourced a new fuse block from Cruiser parts and replaced the bad one I had.  So...all the wiring is run, plugged in and done.  There are a couple of things not connected by they shouldn't keep the cruiser from turning over!

Now the cruiser is at the shop getting its exhaust made, brakes and clutch bled, drive shaft fit in and overall get it running.  My goal is to have it driving home by the end of the week!








No comments:

Post a Comment