Total Pageviews

Monday, April 28, 2014

Seats!

Its been awhile since I've posted, but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy working on the cruiser.  One of the big projects has been getting the seats refinished.  The original seats that came with the cruiser when I bought it were interesting.  The passenger seat is a bench seat and original.  The driver seat was a jeep bucket seat welded to the frame, not original; it didn't move and made you sit right on the steering wheel and very uncomfortable.  After some searching, I was able to find a used original seat and frame two blocks away in great shape and for a great price!  

The first step was to tear apart the frames and get rid of the old padding and covers.  The covers were pretty rotten and came apart easily.  The padding was original in the seats...burlap covers over the springs and had pretty ratty cushions.  The frames were in great shape and the paint stripped off easily.  After a quick trip to D and S paint in town I had the pewter paint for the frames and seat backs.  The paint went on great and the seat frames look brand new.

I found a great and reasonable upholster that my painter recommended.  Daryl at Pueblo Northern Window and Tint did a great job!  The new padding is made from memory foam and very comfortable.  I also went with a gray marine vinyl which is water proof and UV protected.  That should be great for when the top is off.  Overall I'm very happy with how the seats turned out!





No comments:

Post a Comment