Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Steering Rods are Back On

I finally ordered and received the tie rod ends, so I set to work re-installing the steering rods and stabilizer.  I figured it would be an easy process, and besides one cotter pin it was.  It took about an hour to get everything put back together.  I will still need to get an alignment done in the future, but for now it looks like things are running pretty straight.  The good news about it...the front tires won't flop around since they are now tied together with the tie rod!  Makes for moving the chassis much easier.  I will be taking my steering box down to Classic Cruisers in Salida in a few days for them to rebuild it.  Everything I read said to have somebody experienced do it, so I'll let them.  Besides the price they quoted me is very reasonable compared to other places. 



No comments:

Post a Comment