Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Warmer Weather Means Painting!

Well its been awhile, but that doesn't mean I haven't been working.  My main goal recently has been to get parts painted so I can start the rebuilding process.  The parts I was worried most about where the axles, steering components and odds and ends for the engine, steering and 4WD linkage.  I was thinking I might have to replace the rods for the steering since they had a serious case of rust, but after some cleaning they looked brand new so I reused them!  The axle tear down required me to remove the brake lines and hardware.  Not the easiest task in the world, but I finally managed to break everything loose.  With the warm weather over the past few days, I was able to get everything painted.  Everything looks awesome!  Next up...lift kit is ordered, so its a matter of waiting until it comes in...then knuckle rebuilds...



No comments:

Post a Comment