Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Motor...T-case and Tranny painted...

Its been a couple of weeks...mostly sorting out my paint situation.  I ordered three products to paint the motor, T-case and transmission...high temperature primer, high temperature metallic silver and high temperature black.  So my first box had the metallic silver...and clear coat...hmmm...I didn't order clear coat.  Called...yep...they sent the wrong thing!  So the primer I didn't get was sent right away.  But...no black paint.  I called...its coming from the east coast warehouse...4 phone calls later and it finally gets sent.  Something about lots of missing paper work.  But...its here and I finally got the drive line painted.  I began by masking the mounting holes with tape and paper so paint would stay outside the motor.  I then primed the everything.  I thought it looked great just in primer!  Its amazing how it looks all cleaned up with a fresh surface.  I followed the primer up with metallic silver on the transfer case and transmission.  They are originally aluminum and never painted...so thought painting them would bring out the shine.  Since I didn't have the black engine paint I decided I would use the frame paint on the engine mounts and the transfer case bracket.  I had to mask the t-case which took some time since I did some intricate work there.  Both turned out great!  Finally my engine paint arrived.  I masked some more and shot a couple coats of black.  AMAZING!  It looks awesome!  I think people will also get a laugh out of my "paint booth."  I hung parts being painted using string and hung them from the roll cage...nothing like improvising.  Next up...getting the engine put back together...










No comments:

Post a Comment