Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Broken Bolts are Out

Well I'm one step closer to getting the frame ready for paint.  I had about 10 broken and rusted bolts in the frame I had to get out.  I wasn't having any luck with my drill bits...broke a bunch of them.  So a quick post to the Landcruiser club forum landed me with left handed bits...and they came out quick.  So all the broken bolts are out of the frame...and I have to remember that trick when I start on the body (whenever that will be!).  I've also been working on getting the leaf springs off the axles...3 down and one stubborn one to go.  I have it soaking in fluid so hopefully tomorrow I'll get them to start turning.  The other took some work, but did break free easier than I thought they would.  The main trouble I ran into was the bolt plates had been hit by rocks and really limited wrench space...and rubbed the nuts on the u-bolts.  But those I managed to get off.  So...plan for tomorrow...finish sanding the frame...sand blast what I couldn't sand and finalize things for paint.  Time to order supplies!


No comments:

Post a Comment